Tenancy Fee TEST2

Tenant Referencing Fee (per person)

Guarantor Referencing Fee (per person)

Inventory Fee

Check-In Fee

Check-Out Fee
Zero (for any tenancies that were signed after 01.06.2019)

Any notifiable change to your tenancy agreement such as a request for pets, decorating, change of sharer etc

Early release from a fixed term contract
Remainder of the rent for the fixed term period plus an administration fee that is reflective of work undertaken to re-let property

Replacement Keys and/or Replacement Security Devices
Cost of Replacement

Late Rent
3% above bank of England base rate interest on rent arrears

May be considered on a tenancy at an increased rent, detailed on advertising for each property.

What references are required, and what will I need to provide?
References are always required and are obtained through Homelet referencing agency. Each person relating to the tenancy will be required to fill in an application and reference form (no tenancy will be granted until satisfactory references have been received and approved).

Additionally, and depending on your personal circumstances, the following will also be required;

All applicants, including guarantors (where applicable), will be required to provide a current Passport or Birth Certificate in combination with a National Insurance Number and photographic identification which can include a Driving Licence or National Identity Card. Non-EU applicants will be required to provide a copy of their Biometric Residence Permit or current Visa, together with their Passport containing a UK immigration stamp.

Further referencing requirements are as follows;

Proof of residency, to include one of the following utility bills and no older than 3 months prior to the commencement date of the tenancy:- gas, electric, water, telephone landline bill (not mobile), most recent council tax bill.

Your most recent three months wage slips, or a letter on headed paper from the Personnel/Human Resources Department of your employer confirming your address, start date of your employment and current salary. Please note that this letter must be signed and dated by the Payroll Department or the Financial Director and contain the printed name of the signatory. We cannot accept emails.

A previous landlord’s reference, if applicable (we will obtain this on your behalf).

Self Employed
Identification, 1 and 3 above and a minimum of 3 years filed accounts. If the applicant has been self employed for less than three years they may require a guarantor and authenticated self assessment tax calculation forms from HMRC (These are known as SA302 or SA100 forms). Alternatively a letter from your accountant confirming drawings, and start date of the business may prove acceptable.

Housing Allowance
Identification together with 1 and 3 above (pay slips will be required if a tenant works part-time) AND a guarantor. Evidence from housing benefit confirming that your claim is progressing or has been accepted.

Identification together with 1 and 2.

Monies payable on or before commencement of the tenancy

A security deposit is required which is the equivalent of five weeks rent. The deposit is returnable at the end of the tenancy providing that the property is left in a clean and proper order and there are no damages. The deposit will be registered with My|Deposits.

Rent is payable monthly in advance and due by Standing Order on the 1st of each month. If the tenancy start date is anything other than the 1st of a month then the rent will be calculated pro-rata.

Will my money be safe and secure?
O’Connell Property Agents is a member of a Government Approved Client Money Protection (CMP) scheme which is a legal requirement for all agents dealing with residential lettings across England. O’Connell Property Agents will also register your deposit with My|Deposits which is a Government recognised deposit protection scheme and will provide you with a certificate to confirm this within 30 days from the date that we received your deposit.

Can O’Connell Property Agents help me to protect the contents of the property I am renting as well me accidentally damaging the Landlord’s property?
Yes, we are able to offer contents insurance with tenancy liability which means your own items are covered but also so is accidental damage to the landlord’s property is covered (iron marks on carpets, burnt worksurfaces, coffee or wine spillages etc)

When can I move in?
When you first enquire or view a property we can let you know the earliest date the property will be available however we will not be able to confirm your actual move date until you have passed the referencing process.

What information will be given to me on or before I start my tenancy?
You will have your tenancy agreement, a detailed inventory, relevant safety certificates (if applicable), an Energy Performance Certificate and the Government’s How to Rent Guide copies of utility letters, and the Tenancy Deposit Certificate.

How long am I committed for?
It will depend on the length of your tenancy agreement. The most common fixed period is 6 months, after which the tenancy runs on a month by month basis. In this instance you would be obligated for the first 6 months, and should you wish to vacate you would need to give one month’s notice in writing, ending no sooner than the initial 6 months.

Should you decide to stay beyond the initial 6 months you can do this without the requirement to sign another contract. This is called a ‘statutory periodic tenancy’ running on a month by month basis on the same terms and conditions.

If the landlord requires possession of the property they would have to provide you with 2 month’s notice, again not expiring sooner than the initial 6 months.

How do we ensure our tenants are protected?

We are a registered member of the myDeposits Client Money Protection Scheme. This is a client money protection scheme to ensure your money is handled in the correct manner. Download a copy of our Client Money Protection Certificate here.

We are also members of The Property Ombudsman, which is a redress scheme for consumer complaints and registered with the ICO Data Protection Act.